Welcome to LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! Jannah blogs about beauty, fashion trends, makeup reviews, current hauls, beauty tips and tricks, house keeping tips as wife, even some personal female talks and basically anything related to a woman's holistic LIFESTYLE. Featured products are either gifts,purchased or sponsored. Regardless, all reviews are based on Jannah's own opinion & personal experience. Please buy with own discretion. ♥THANK YOU♥

☆ Search This Blog ☆

12.25.2013

I HEART Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Stick!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :)

So today I'd like to quickly share with you how much I fell in love with Maybelline's BB stick. It's been out in the market for quite a while and yeah shame on me for just being able to try it a month ago or so. Maybelline Philippines sent me products to try out along with their previous search for new 2013 Maybelline 8 BB Top Models. Just in case you didn't know, I've been an avid fan of BB creams for such a long time. Constantly using BB creams every single typical day of my life wherein I just need an extra something to even my skin tone, a sheer coverage and light weight product on my face. Say no to cakey-ness! So here comes an additional Blemish Balm (BB) to test. Well a little bit of twist on the packaging because it comes in a stick form, like you literally need to twist it to elevate the BB stick itself *giggles*.

I first saw this at the Maybelline stall in SM Department Store. Imagine how I just simply passed on this thing which I use to super like now! Thinking it was simply a marketing strategy and it would not perform like a BB cream, think of a local foundation that comes in a similar stick form, I underestimated it. So thanks to Maybelline Philippines for giving this baby a chance! I got to try a fairly suited shade for me which is 01 FRESH. I believe the next shade would be RADIANCE suited for light intermediate skin to brownish color. Here are some photos below. Ingredients and expiration date are both written on the plastic cover which are not shown on the photos.


PROS:
  • Blends smoothly and evenly with powder finish. 
  • Light weight and evens out skin tone. May also cover simple spots and dark circles.
  • Best recommended for oily skin type. Look fresh all throughout the day due to mineral clay formula which claims 12 hour shine control. It also contains salicylic acid which helps to manage combination and oily skin.
  • Very handy! I simply love how convenient to bring and use this baby! No need to use brushes when you're in a hurry!
  • Instant brightening and sun protection with SPF 21/PA+++
  • Affordable and locally available at the price of PHP 249.00 only.
CONS:
  • Cap removes easily. Make sure to twist the product fully downward before putting the cap back or else you'll end up having a similar dent as mine which is shown on the photo above.
  • I noticed a little tolerable pungent smell. Unnoticeable when applied on face tho.

OVERALL:

BB stick is a nice concept to apply Blemish Balm in swift. This is really recommendable to students or gals on budget. This will come handy on your makeup kit at school or even in workplace. I would personally love to purchase another BB stick after my current one!

What do you think of this? Did you already dare to try this?
Feel free to share your thoughts on the comment section down below.
Thank you! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

xo,
Jannah
FTC: Product was sent to me for possible review. Regardless, all opinions are my own. I am not being paid to make this review. 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I like this BB cream because it glides on my skin smoothly.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :)